Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick Update

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would give a quick update on Maurice and tell you how touched I am by people pouring out prayers for him! The morning after I wrote about him I went down to the ward first thing in the morning. He was awake, alert, and smiling from ear to ear. His mother was the same and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and squeezed, watching Maurice light up while playing. When I left him the day before he was upset, crying, and struggling to breath, especially while sleeping. Between Thursday night and Friday we hadn't done anything medically besides give a little IV fluid and some medication to help with inflammation. This was not a product of work done by our hands.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest every time I got a strong hug from Maurice throughout the day. It was only two days before this when he could barely lift his head from my shoulder. We brought him home with plans to visit him this week. In the car he chatted away with his mom, one arm resting on the window, the other holding tightly a roll of lifesavers. We will continue seeing him every week, you can bet I will be looking forward to each time (and will keep all of you updated).

Maurice still needs our prayers. We still don't have his biopsy results to know if this is a treatable cancer, and even then if we have caught it in time. He is a special boy, and I hope I can do his story justice while I try and relay to you his sweet nature and gentle spirit.


Phil. 4:6-7
"...in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."


"Now lose your grip. We'll not need our hands today. We'll build a city as we pray"
(Braddigan, City on a Hill)

Keep them coming!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the sticker on his forehead...the lifesavers in his hand...his gorgeous smile....look how happy everyone looks. Prayer truly is the best service...
LOVE YOU
Jac