Monday, May 24, 2010

Hallelujah

If toddlers could talk (or at least in a language I understand)

Suzanne:
"Samuel! Hallelujah"
Samuel:
"Amen!"
Samuel:
"Hey, watch me. I just dumped this huge bucket of random goodies out all over the floor. You want this dirty sticker?"
Suzanne:
"No, I'm good. I'm going to keep on working. You keep playing with it, I know, its amazing."
Samuel:
"Ok, I'm going to eat it then, and I know you will naturally take it away from me, but then I'm gonna put this paint brush in my mouth. The red handle leads me to believe it will taste delicious"
Suzanne:
"Its your prerogative kiddo"
Samuel:
"Now watch me prove my manliness while I fix this bed with a blue wooden wrench."
Suzanne:
"Genius, really. But Samuel, you just walked away from a huge mess. Don't worry, I'll clean it up, I love you that much. You're a typical boy though, you know."
Samuel:
"Why would you put all that stuff away, its much better here on the floor. Watch, I am so strong and clever I'll dump it out again so you can hear the fantastic splash of toys, pencils, and beads against the floor"
Suzanne:
"Give me the bead, Samuel. Spit it out sweetie. There's no choking allowed on A ward"
Samuel:
"I'll beat you, silly Yovo. And look, you took the white bead, but I had a green one in my hand too. Try and pry THIS one out of my mouth."
Suzanne:
"The jokes on you, little man. I am a master at getting slimy beads out of toddler’s mouths"
Samuel:
"Whatever, I'm going to take my Jenga block tied to this green yarn and walk it like a dog around the ward. See you later"
Suzanne:
"Hallelujah"
Samuel
"Amen"