Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blogging

Well, for a long time I didn't see the point in blogging. Who would care to know the daily or weekly ongoings and thoughts in my life? I realized recently that my story and testimony may serve as a witness to the people who take the time to read this. I have been forced out of my comfort zone in many ways over the last year, and this is just another instance of that. In perspective, I do not live a hard life or one that has been filled with unspeakable tragedy. I have a home, a great family, an awesome job, and so many other blessings. I have however experienced my share of circumstances in which I was pushed to a near breaking point mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I am not writing this as someone who has it all figured out...far from it. I have however found the strength and courage through God to face each day, whatever it may bring. Each time I blog I intend to leave the verse or quote which inspires each entry. This is important for me as the words and stories I will write will not be drawn from me, rather, they will bear witness to how God is working in my life and the healing that can take place only through him. Since this is my first entry, I will leave you with 2 Corinthians 6:4-10. These verses were used at a devotional during a recent missions trip and I have been impacted by them in so many ways.

"Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything."

No comments: