Monday, February 22, 2010

Treasures

Someone asked me the other day if I was blogging while sitting here in the cafe on the ship. Blogging? Whats that? I replied.
Its not that nothing has happened that is noteworthy in the last two weeks. Actually, the opposite is true. I have had an incredible, exciting, breathtaking, and rewarding couple of weeks. If that sounds good, it's because it has been. I'll let the pictures speak for today as I actually have a bit of work to do, and although my intense ADD is trying to sway me towards writing some profound account of how amazing the last couple of weeks have been, I must hyper-focus on my work today.


Spent every possible moment on the bow during the sail.



Arrival in Togo




Welcomed by not just one, but two bands. In typical fashion they hadn't collaborated on what they would be playing, so we had two wonderful (albeit loud) receptions. It was perfect.



Day 2 in Togo- Time to pick up the Rovers that a church graciously stored for us while we sailed.



They really had to beg me to help pick them up.



One of 3 small screening last week









I swear they were excited about the bubbles, although this picture isn't helping my case.



At it again in a new country!



2010 Africa Mercy Nurses



Ward Nurses


My 'Mercy Ships Dad' and I. God used Gary and his wife in 2008 as the foundation for the idea of long term missions. He is the first person in Africa I ever met from Mercy Ships, and seeing him here was a pretty big deal to me. This is the third country in two years where our paths have crossed.



First good storm of the year here. Fun for us, and the 4 car loads of new arrivals racing through the puddles (well, definitely for us at least. I'll ask the arrivals once they've dried off).



Hospital open house. Go ahead and hope you don't require stitches with me as your only go-to. You'll live, but it won't be pretty.




New friends and old.




Best Sunday afternoon ever.


Luke 12:32-34
"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much, I can't believe that was only 2 weeks! I hope the rest of your time is amazing. Missing you like crazy already.