Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Captivated

Well its been 3 days since I was baptized and I have just been astounded by God over the last week or so (not that I wasn't before...just especially so recently). Last weekend I was in Martha's Vineyard and on Friday night the stars were the most incredible sight I have ever witnessed...seriously. There were blankets of them, the sky almost looked fake, no artist could ever even imagine recreating it. Every morning and night the sky has been taking my breath away, just its awesomeness. Every breeze and every enormous cloud just seems to echo God's power and love. Today I was sitting in traffic waiting to get on 93 and I looked over to see a beautiful sunset. It was one of those where the sky was blue but the clouds were pink, my explanation just won't do it justice... I said out loud in my car "God, you are just awesome, I love you!" I realized I had never said something out loud like that in such a conversational manner...it felt pretty amazing :) I adore God more than I can say and love His creation so much. I can say that this is certainly one of those "mountain top highs" and I am loving every moment while also knowing you need to come off the mountain to be able to spread the word of God, and I fully plan on it. Yesterdays bible study fit right in with a highlight on Isaiah 40:12:
"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"
This same God calls us to have a personal relationship with him...and I am captivated by this! Music also moves me in incredible ways...always has, pretty sure it always will. Shawn McDonald's song Captivated has basically been on repeat this week in my car (as loud as it goes). I'm putting the lyrics below because songwriters seem to have a way of putting things I want to say into words, and this song is EXACTLY what is in my heart right now.

Captivated
When I look into the mountains, I see Your fame, when I look into the night sky, it sparkles Your name
the wind in the clouds and the blue in the sky, the sun and the moon and the stars so high that's what draws me to You

[chorus] I am, I'm captivated by You (You know that You do) I am, I'm captivated

when I wake unto the morning, it gives me Your sights, when I look across the ocean, it echoes Your mights
the sand on the shore and the waves in the sea, the air in my lungs and the way You made me that's what draws me to You

The wind in the clouds and the blue in the sky, the sun and the moon and the stars so high, the sand on the shore and the waves in the sea, the air in my lungs and the way You made me, the blood in my veins and my heart You invade, the plants how they grow and the trees in the shade, the way that I feel and the love in my soul, I thank You my God for letting me know

No comments: