Sunday, December 21, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Just when I though I couldn't possibly love kids anymore than I do I got a little "gift" last night. One of my oldest friends is a teacher and runs an after school program at an elementary school. I told her an idea I had for kids here in the states to make get well cards that I could bring with me to the ship next year. I thought it would be fun for some of my supporters and their kids to get involved in a fun way. She took off with the idea and last night handed me a big stack of one-of-a-kind cards made from kids ranging from kindergarten to 5th grade. Even though we were at a Christmas party I managed to shed a couple of tears as I read through them. Last night before I went to bed I read them all again, taking in every picture and mis-spelled word. This type of thing makes my heart ache in places that nothing else can touch. Although I would love to share each one I thought I would give a few quotes to give you an idea.

~Hi my name is Breanna. My favrite color is turquise. My favrite food is ice cream. My favrite animel is a cat

~!!!Hello!!! Hi my name is Maria. I live in the U.S.A. My favorite color is purple. I hope you get better soon!

~Get well soon! Hi my name is Maria. My favorite color is hot pink. My favorite food is french fries. I am living in America. I hope you feel better soon! Bye!

~Get well soon. Hi my name is Emily I love to play in the park

~feel better. Hi my name is stephen I like to fish. I hope you feel better (his card had a picture of him fishing for what looks like a platypus
on the front)

~To: you From: Josie Feel well soon! Hi! My name is Josie. I like to go out to play. If you wot to sed me a letter it is ok.

~I wish you sunny days and happy days! A happy sun is a funny sun! My favorite colors are pink, blue, and brown. My favorite subjects are math and art. I am in 5th grade. My favortie things to do are play soccer, doing gymnastics, and making art. If you feel down grab a pencil and paper and draw what your imagination can think of. Their are no mistakes in art. I am sure you will be better soon! Be a shooting star

And then the one that put me over the edge... The Maria that loves pink must have made a few cards, each one with a different design.

~
Hi my name is Maria. I live in America. My favorite color is pink. I hope you feel better! Even though we are far away we still care.

Thank you so much Ms. Amy and class!

Mark 10:14-15
Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"To: you From: Josie Feel well soon! Hi! My name is Josie. I like to go out to play. If you wot to sed me a letter it is ok."

That is my favorite one haha. such a great idea suzanne!