Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Philippians 1:3

In the last few weeks I have been steadily trusting God to provide for my trip to Africa. Each day I feel my faith grow and I can thankfully say my trust has increased and I am much more at peace regarding provisions. A few weeks ago I got a card from my Aunt. On the front of the card Philippians 1:3 was written. It made me smile when I looked it up, and feel very special as well. Last night I prayed again specifically for continued trust (I need to do this a few times a week when I feel doubt start rising up in any form). Today I got a piece of mail with a sweet card and 100 dollar bill. I was instructed to use the money for my trip. No return address. No name anywhere. At first I thought maybe the person forgot to sign the card, but after thinking about it, it would appear as though they made an effort to be anonymous. No name, no address, cash instead of a check. I sit here smiling at the gift and promise for prayers while I am away. What really made me smile is that the person wrote Philippians 1:3 on the back of the envelope. This person/couple/family (???) has made my day and the only thing that bugs me is I can't thank them. I can't give them a big hug and tell them they were an answer to my prayers. So if you are reading this and happened to send me this card...thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. God used you to increase my trust and be comforted at a time when the weight of preperation was getting me down.

Philippians 1:3
"I thank my God every time I remember you."

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

Once again, Suzanne, your story has lifted me, and my spirit. What a sweet and thoughtful gift from a stranger! People are good!

Krista Photography said...

that is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

soo cool