Sunday, August 30, 2009

so what are you trying to say?

Hey there, and welcome to my 100th post. Kinda cool I guess, but now I feel some self-inflicted pressure to make it a good one, but I'll let you be the judge.
I was thinking about writing a post about the funny observations I made this weekend, the absolutely random collection of the different things I do or see in a 24 hour period.
Like last night, for instance. I was watching a couple of the cutest kids ever (yes, ever) and when it was time to read the bible stories before bed and I asked where we should read them. They said on the couch, in my lap.
The littlest one said, as only a three year old can;
"I want to sit on this lap" as he claimed my right leg, clumsily climbing his way to the right spot. In return, the four year old quickly exclaimed;
"Well, I want this lap" as if he had wanted to sit on my left leg all along, and definitely well before his younger brother came up with the idea.
Did I mention they have British accents? Because that totally makes the story all the better.

Instead I'll share one of those "coincidences" that has left me smiling. I heard someone say once that God created us, so He knows how many times it will take for us to understand something. If it takes 46, He won't grow frustrated at number 28.
This morning I went to ward church where a Liberian crew member gave the message. He started off with a title of,
"I urge you to wait on God"
The message was good, in speaking about Moses, the conclusion was as follows;
"So don't be like the Israelites and go a stray-o. Wait upon God-o"

Tonight, after an international night of worship where 8 countries were represented by their respective crew members singing in their native language (part of my fun, random collection from the weekend), I came back to my cabin and read today's devotional from Blue Letter Bible. My eyebrows raised as I saw the screen in front of me.
"Wait on the Lord." — Psalm 27:14
In dilemmas between one duty and another, it is sweet to be humble as a child, and wait with simplicity of soul upon the Lord. It is sure to be well with us when we feel and know our own folly, and are heartily willing to be guided by the will of God. But wait in faith. Express your unstaggering confidence in Him; for unfaithful, untrusting waiting, is but an insult to the Lord...

Wait in quiet patience,
not rebelling because you are under the affliction, but blessing your God for it. Never murmur against the second cause, as the children of Israel did against Moses; never wish you could go back to the world again, but accept the case as it is, and put it as it stands, simply and with your whole heart, without any self-will, into the hand of your covenant God, saying, "Now, Lord, not my will, but Thine be done."

I can't remember a time in my life when I was waiting on more answers than I am now. The funny thing is, I'm content to wait. I'm happy to listen to these reminders and find that sweet simplicity of soul gently tucked into each one.

Maybe I'll get to share some answers in the next 100 posts...We shall see!

No comments: