Thursday, January 15, 2009

Answered Prayer

Day three of training complete. I am in my temporary home of Garden Valley for training. I am settled in and enjoying the simple life that comes with the atmosphere that emulates East Texas. Each morning finds me up early and sitting in the little coffee shop in a sunny spot sipping coffee. I'm not sure if this ever referred to as "God's Country" but I will sure remember it as such. I have a game night creeping up soon and need to do some catching up before hand so I will keep this post short and sweet (shocker, I know)
Today I was sitting with a few of the girls who will be part of my small group in the coming weeks. Our team leader, Pam wanted to hear a little about our stories and how we came to Mercy Ships. I started telling her about how I got here and a little bit about what I will be doing in Africa. We talked about the woman I would be working with and Pam said she was unaware that this woman would still be doing Palliative care this year in Benin. She mentioned this past year in Liberia had been really taxing. She asked when I had been asked to consider the position and I told her it was back in October. She smiled and told me that the woman had asked for prayer at the end of September/beginning of October concerning finding a nurse to join her long term as part of the palliative care team. God is good. He is faithful. He answers prayers. Get it? Got it? Good. Moving on.

The stories I have heard so far in these past days have been awesome. I feel without a doubt that I am in the right place at the right time doing exactly what God intends for me to do. To close it up I will quote one of the guys who works here and has been doing a lot of our training. He said that having a passion for something wakes you up in the morning and renews your excitement every day. I'll tell you right now, I can't wait to be in my sunny spot tomorrow thanking God for putting me here. Exciting times folks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are an incredible woman suzy Q.
We miss you so much but you keep putting a smile on my face with your excitement for where God has you at this time in your life. I'll keep praying - and you keep letting me know when you go to Walmart :)

Anonymous said...

amazing timing on that one...funny how that works

Krista Photography said...

So glad to hear you're off to a great start! Can't wait to hear more :)