Monday, March 2, 2009

Enjoying life

I must say its been fun keeping busy these last couple of weeks. I have been surrounded by my favorite people almost constantly. I thought I would share some pictures, if I don't do it now I'm sure it will be months before I go back to document all these awesome people.

~My oldest friends. We have known each other for over 15 years (some of us close to 20). We have almost nothing in common and could seriously write a book of all the stories from over the years (but that would be just plain scary).




~My family. You know its bad when one of our best family pictures in years is one with my dad's eyes closed.



~A night out with Jenny. She treated me to a fun meal and we were able to enjoy one last "Boston" night out.



~My Shyla (aka roomie). There are no words that can describe this friendship... She calls it having a "heart" friend and I must agree.



~Running of the brides (first and last time experience for this friend of a bride to be). Basically about 2000 brides and their "team" run into a store room of 3000 dresses and turn into crazy bridezillas, grabbing every gown they can carry (with the exception of our little team and a few other gentle souls). It took over an hour to get even one gown out of the clutched hand of a soon-to-be-bride. The trip was a success and my friend Elyse found "the dress"



~And I've got to put this one in. I woke up this morning to a March Nor'easter. I'm kinda happy for one last big white-out before I go. These storms always leave room for a little father/daughter bonding :) For kicks I looked up the weather in Benin after spending my morning pushing the snow blower directly into the wind, getting assaulted by the wonderful, (freezing) fresh powder.
Boston, MA~ High of 21 and snowing
Benin~ High of 91 and sunny
haha




~Of course I can't ignore all the good food I have been enjoying!


My favorite salad bar creation (thank you whole foods, I'm going to miss you). "Real" Pizza by Boston's best. And then there's the Suzanne and Shyla "lets grab some snack food" idea turned horribly (yet deliciously) wrong. Still eating all of this stuff a week later.

Ecclesiastes 8:15

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

Love seeing the pics on your blog, Suzanne!!

suzanne said...

You are my inspiration for them Annemarie ;)