Sunday, March 1, 2009

That little thing called trust

What a week...
I keep talking about what a great balance everything has been, I love it. Yesterday my family put on a little send-off party and the last guests of the day were a very special family to me. The mom was telling a story of one of the many hospital stays for Den. At that point they couldn't figure out was wrong with him, and we joked that it has got to be pretty bad if you have a team of neurosurgeons at a loss for words. The doctors came in and after some discussion and then asked Den "So how are you doing?" to which he replied
"I'm doing all I can do, I'm trusting God"
hah
In the middle of all of his 17 neuro surgeries that year Den continued passing out Mercy Ships brochures, testifying about Gods love to all he encountered. Would I do the same? In the middle of a storm will I trust God without fail?

I have a feeling I may have plenty of opportunities to test that trust, I know I already have been trying it on for size the past few years. I'm excited, I'm content, and I don't have a hint of anxiety tonight as my last week at home begins. I can't believe how incredible my family has been (I'll likely leave a post just for them soon), things are good.
I'll leave off with Den's life verse which he was able to share with my family last night (I of course have heard it and cry each time, last night was no exception)

Acts 20:24
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

1 comment:

Krista Photography said...

That is the perfect life verse!